We are featuring a spin on a signature favorite today the sundae!
Growing up a sundae was the perfect ending to any meal. I always went for a caramel vs chocolate on my sundae but I thought why not venture out of the ordinary.
So here is a little mix of it all: Chocolate Coconut with Mix Berry Caramel. That already sounds like a mouthful! I mean a very amazing mouthful that is. Whip this up for your next date night and reminisce about your favorite childhood toppings.
Check out the recipe below we found at dessertfortwo.com
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen mixed berries
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or, use butter for a thinner sauce)
- 1 pint store-bought chocolate ice cream
- ¼ cup sweet coconut shreds, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the frozen mixed berries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until the berries collapse, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in heavy cream
- Next, puree the berries either with an immersion blender or in a regular blender. Be careful, the liquid is hot. Once pureed, strain the mixture if desired.
- To assemble: place 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream in the bottom of a pint mason jar. Drizzle over the berry caramel sauce, and top with toasted coconut. Repeat until the jars are full.
- Screw on the lid and store in the freezer up to 2 weeks. Let the jar sit on the counter for a few minutes before eating to soften the berry caramel sauce.